Since 2005 Pablo Cardenas has been serving the community of Townsville offering Wing Chung Kung Fu training with a lineage back to Grand Master William Cheung who also trained Bruce Lee demonstrating a long and celebrated history.
Sifu Pablo Cardenas was present in the Henan Province of China November 9th 2013 when the Art of Wing Chun Kung Fu was returned to its birthplace within the Shaolin Temple. Grand Master William Cheung met with the Abbot Shi Yongxin to officiate the prestigious return of Wing Chun with the celebratory unveiling of a black marble plaque placed within the temple courtyard.
Pablo Cardenas is the owner and instructor of United Martial Arts and Fitness. Pablo has trained in martial arts since he was 14. He began his training in Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu under Grandmaster William Cheung. In 1984, Pablo enlisted in the Australian Regular Army. In his 21 years of service he was selected for an exchange program with the UK Ministry of Defence and was deployed to East Timor as part of the UN peacekeeping taskforce. Pablo has trained with numerous military units around the world, including the US Army, US Marine Corps and the Gurkhas. Pablo remains active in the Australian Army as a reservist and is at UMF Academy instructing full-time.
As a professional martial art instructor, Pablohas obtained many qualifications to provide a richer student experience. These are not limited to technical and training courses, but include community service, such as being a White Ribbon Ambassador and a member of Fighters Against Child Abuse Australia. A full list of his qualifications include:
- Instructor Level 10 (examination by Grandmaster William Cheung)
- Martial Arts Australia Certified Instructor
- Registered Martial Arts Professional
- Diploma in Sports Coaching: Martial Arts
- Cert IV in Frontline Management
- Cert IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
- Cert III in Security Operations
- Trained in the control of persons using empty hand techniques
- Trained in the safe use of batons & handcuffs
- Senior First Aider including Mental Health First Aid and pre-hospital Trauma Life Support
- CORES Suicide Intervention
- Dealing Effectively with Workplace Conflict
- White Ribbon Ambassador
- Blue Card
- Member, Fighters Against Child Abuse Australia
- Equity Advisor
- Risk Education Training
- Member, Townsville Chamber of Commerce